410,852 people served
34.4 million regular trips in 2014
357,178 paratransit trips in 2014
1,400, including 1,100 direct jobs (full-time equivalent) in 2014
The RTL deploys 492 buses of various models, distributed in two operating centres located in Longueuil and Saint-Hubert.
With an objective of encouraging a sustainable mobility and the electrification of our network, since 2014, the renewal of our fleet of buses is carried out by the commissioning of vehicles with hybrid propulsion. An ecological initiative that contributes to promoting the well-being of citizens of the Agglomeration of Longueuil.
To view or download the plan of each of these premises, follow the links below:
Sustainable development is in our DNA. Our public service plays a role in protecting the planet every day by transporting thousands of people. But more than that, we make a consistent effort to be environmentally friendly in everything that we do.
The RTL’s main contribution to saving the environment relates to the very foundation of its operations, namely the modernization and electrification of its buses.
But the RTL takes it one step further by doing a number of things every day to save the environment.
Here are some examples of our recent achievements:
2019: 952Scrap metal recycled:
2018: 59,480 kg
2019: 132,165 kg
Use of eco-friendly soap:
- Use of eco-friendly soap in our bus wash system:
- 2018: 1,025 L
- 2019: 1,640 L
- Use of eco-friendly soap to clean the insides of buses:
- 2018: 615 L
- 2019: 390 L
|Hours of use||Number of uses||Number of users|
|2018||5 457||1 219||21|
|2019||9 691||1 781||51|
Our bus fleet
The first electric buses will arrive over the next few months—another step toward the electrification of our entire fleet.
RTL’S 7 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT PRINCIPLES
Mobilization and implication
- Steps taken to mobilize its personnel
- Steps taken to reinforce the notion of imputability
- Innovative initiatives in work relations
Steps taken must contribute to the social and economic development of the Longueuil agglomeration while respecting the environment.
- Completing projects according to the strategic plan in place
- Involved in the territory’s development, road network and road traffic
- Improvement of the quality and the comfort of public transit services
- Improvement of information tools for the customers
- Initiatives in sustainable mobility
Protection of the environment
- Programs to optimize the use of resources
- Energy saving programs
- Alternative propulsion modes
- Use of alternative and renewable sources of energy
- Recovery and recycling programs
- Training programs to update skills
- Training programs pertaining to the implementation of new technologies
- Steps to renew the workforce
Health, safety and prevention
- Programs and preventive actions in health and safety
- Corrective actions to increase safety in the operations
Equity and accessibility
- Implementation of the equal access program
Reaching financial sustainability
Steps taken must assure its financial sustainability.
- Involved in improving the Quebec policies concerning public transit
- Involved in improving public transit assistance programs
- Involved in reviewing the metropolitan financial perspectives
- Initiatives to generate savings with respect to RTL’s activities