SPECIAL MENTION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
In 2014, in order to communicate and promote the best practices and efforts deployed by its member organizations to promote sustainable development, the ATUQ created the ATUQ Special mention for sustainable development.
How is the winner selected?
A jury comprised of sustainable development experts selects, among the projects submitted, a winning project based on duly established criteria.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Only transportation organizations who are members of the ATUQ can participate;
- They must submit a project in line with the first axis of the ATUQ’S sustainable development charter, namely sustainable mobility (axis chosen for 2014)
- They must demonstrate that the project was completed within the last two years.
Recognition of the winning project
- Thematic conference held at the annual ATUQ symposium: presentation of the project followed by a question and answer period;
- Prize awarded to the project winners;
- High project visibility thanks to the venue provided by the ATUQ conference and the interest created following the event.
In 2014, sustainable mobility, the first axis of the ATUQ’s sustainable development charter, was chosen as the main thematic axis. Consequently, the projects submitted were evaluated on the basis of one or more of the following themes: universal accessibility, service offering, economic vitality and urban planning and development.
The first ATUQ Special mention for sustainable development was awarded to the Société de transport de Laval for its Real Time Support System Operations and Passenger Information for paratransit services project.
The project was presented during the ATUQ’s annual conference on October 10, 2014. Click here to view the PDF version of the presentation (French only).
In addition, the jury decided to award a Coup de cœur prize to the Société de transport de Saguenay for its sustainable transit pass project.
For the award ceremony, the ATUQ had the honour of welcoming Mr. David Heurtel, Minister of Sustainable Development, the Environment and the Fight Against Climate Change.